I have found that writing down goals for the week has helped me in having something specific to focus on. I think we all have goals in mind, but once you write them down and look at them regularly they become something that you focus on accomplishing. Writing them down and reviewing them at the end of the week allows me to see what areas I need to work on. It also allows me to see if I'm setting unrealistic goals or if I'm not setting the right goals for myself.
Last week I fell short in the goals that I had set that related to home schooling and my walk with Christ. Those are two areas (especially my walk) that I don't want to neglect. Keeping that in mind, this week I plan to work harder on meeting those goals.
This week's goals (07/08/12)
1. Try a new recipe...this has been a goal for me these last few weeks, and I think my family has enjoyed the results! This weeks recipe: Homemade Granola Bites
2. Do an activity with the boys...my goal is to do this for at least 3 days...the activity can be playing with puzzles, playing a game, etc.
3. Scrapbook at least 5 layouts. I have more freedom to work on this during the summer so I hope to knock out a number of pages by focusing on this goal.
4. Finish Ch. 1 of Calm My Anxious Heart and begin Ch. 2. This is a great book for me to read and study right now with all that we have going on. I even challenged myself to memorize scripture and I've surprised myself by being able to do it!
5. Pack 5-7 boxes. We are moving soon and I don't want to feel rushed and stressed at the end.
6. List 5 items to sell. I sell my previously loved baby items on Hyena Cart-Spot's Corner. I have had quite a bit of success doing this, although it's hard to say "good-bye" to some of these little treasures!
7. Begin exercising again, working out at least 4 days. It's hot out right now, so if I don't wake up early I might not be able to accomplish this!
8. Work on lesson plans and prepping for the next school year.
What are your goals this week?